Luxury vehicles are revered for their grace, style, class, and power. Proper maintenance should be a top priority if you wish to prolong the life of your luxury vehicle, like a Mercedes. At Dallas European Auto, we have been working with luxury cars for over 40 years. We are dedicated to helping clients preserve cars like Mercedes-Benzes so they can last up to twice as long. A Benz can often be thought of as an investment that can boost your status, but it needs to be properly cared for, otherwise it will become a financial burden. This car is often referred to as one the best car makes available on the market. Below are some tips to help extend the life of your Mercedes-Benz.
Keep It Covered
This is a simple one – keep it covered. If you cannot park it in a garage or under an awning, opt for a parking space in a shady location. Exposure to the elements can affect the paint job and cause it to chip, rust, or streak. If you cannot park in a covered area, consider opting for a car cover. It adds an extra step to your commute, but it is worth it if you truly wish to preserve the appearance of your luxury car.
Keep Up With Regular Maintenance
It’s not just about changing the oil and rotating the tires. Full checks on certain parts of the car need to be done periodically to avoid issues down the road.
- Brakes need to be inspected routinely. Any squeaking or trouble braking needs to be checked immediately, and any defects or worn down pads or discs need to be replaced.
- The electric system needs to be checked by a master mechanic who is versed in Mercedes, which we have in-house at Dallas European Auto.
- The transmission is one of the most important parts of the car, and it should be serviced within 80,000 to 100,000 miles, depending on how heavily it is driven, and definitely after five years of driving. Transmission fluid should be checked every time an inspection is done on the car.
- Full synthetic oil is required for best driving and handling, and it should be changed every 3 to 6 months or 3- to 6,000 miles.
- Coolant liquid should be replenished as needed, and any noticeable drop should be reported to your mechanic.
- Brake fluid needs to be replaced roughly every 20,000 miles and air filters at 40,000 miles.
If you opt to service your vehicle with a full-scale group such as Dallas European Auto, you will be able to receive regular maintenance on all of the above as needed without having to lift a finger. We will see to it that your car is always up-to-date on any services, repairs, oil changes, and we can also offer a number of car wash options to help keep it clean and shiny.